Chairman of Horwich Urban District Council: 1925-26 (Labour)
Mechanic at Horwich Loco Works.
Represented South Ward from 1919, retiring in April 1928.
As Chairman of the Markets and Town Planning Committee he opened the Town Market on 19 October 1923.
He also served on various Committees and, as Chairman of the Estates and Cemeteries Committee, he opened Ridgmont Cemetery gates when the Cemetery opened in March 1928.