Chairman of Kearsley Urban District Council: 1928-30 (Conservative)
Born: Bolton 1863
His first job was as a porter at Lostock station and later he was a ticket collector. In 1889 he was promoted to Stationmaster at Park Station, Newton Heath and, after terms at Shawforth and Bescar Lane, he arrived in Kearsley in 1897 where he was Stationmaster for 28 years. He retired in 1925 with a record of 51 years service with the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Company and the London Midland & Scottish Company.
Represented East Ward from 1922, serving 11 years.
Chairman of Housing and represented Kearsley on the County Area Education Committee.
Member of the Co-operative movement and was President of the Ringley Co-operative Society prior to its amalgamation with Farnworth.
Secretary and President of Ringley and Kearsley Conservative Club.
He was a member of the Kearsley Social Club and in his earlier years was a member of the committee of Kearsley Cricket Club.
Worshipped at Holy Trinity Church Prestolee for a long time and was a Warden and Sidesman. In later years he attended Kearsley New Church.