Chairman of Little Lever Urban District Council: 1920-22, 1923-24, 1926-27 (Conservative)
Born: Wigan, Lancashire c. 1862
Died: Townleys Hospital, Farnworth 23 September 1929
Came to Little Lever in 1892 as Assistant Master at St Matthew's School. In 1903 he resigned to go into business as a pawnbroker and general dealer in Fletcher Street.
Represented Church Ward from 1910and served until his retirement in 1928.
He was also a member and Chairman of the Bolton Board of Guardians.
He was Chairman of the Radcliffe and Little Lever Gas Board when the Radcliffe and Pilkington Gas Company was bought by the two local authorities.
Chairman of Little Lever Conservative Club for 12 years and a member of the billiards team. He was made permanent Vice President for his services.
He was a devoted helper of the Little Lever Nursing Association.
He played football in his younger days in Wigan and was a keen follower of Little Lever Cricket Club, presiding at their annual meetings.
Another hobby was the breeding of horses and he continued this until 1921 when his business and the increasing use of motors lead him to give it up.
Lived at 216 Church Street Little Lever.
Anglican - he worshipped at St Matthew's Church.