Chairman of Farnworth Local Board: 1895-97 (Conservative)
Born: Bolton 1844
Died: Netherleigh, North Drive, St Anne's on Sea 14 August 1921
Master Cotton Finisher and Dyer.
Son of William Nicholson of Kendlemere, Chorley New Road who owned the Mill Hill Bleachworks.
Started a calendaring and finishing company with his father in Albert Road, Farnworth. He managed the business there and was also a partner in Taylor and Nicholson, bleachers and dyers of Eagley Bleachworks and Walmsley, Bury.
Family move to Farnworth in 1880.
He was a member of the Local Board and District Council for 21 years.
Chairman of the Hospital Committee and was involved in the formation of the Farnworth Education Authority.
Contributed to the fund for enlarging Bolton Infirmary.
Chairman of Farnworth Central Conservative Club.
Freemason. He was a member of the St George's Bolton Lodge.
Anglican - he worshipped at Farnworth Parish Church but was also involved in the establishment of the Mission at All Saints, giving generously to the building fund.
He lived at Oak House, Bolton Road, Farnworth before retiring to St Anne's in 1911.