Chairman of Blackrod Urban District Council: 1952-53, 1958-59
Born: Wigan, Lancashire
Farmer, Crawshaw Farm, Blackrod - Moved to Crawshaw Farm during the Second World War.
Elected to Blackrod UDC in 1947.
In 1958 he was described as "a farmer and a Socialist – a combination which might be thought unusual anywhere but Blackrod, where they prize independence of thought". In the same year one of the aims he set for himself was a youth club for Blackrod. He also outlined three ways in which he could try to improve Blackrod's housing situation - by pressing for the continuation of the plan for a new group of old people's bungalows, for modernisation grants and for mortgage loans to be given by the Council.
Trustee of Blackrod Methodist Church, Manager of Blackrod Secondary Modern School and Chairman of the Governors. Chairman of the Finance Committee.